A premium quality 100% acrylic latex paint that has been specifically formulated for interior and exterior use under tropical conditions. Based on pure acrylic latex resin, it offers outstanding durability and gloss retention.
Easy to store, easy to apply, dries rapidly, low odor and gives good adhesion. Use for interior and exterior concrete, stucco, masonry, plaster, bricks, hollow blocks, asbestos, acoustic boards, gypsum boards, and fiber cement boards.
Actual Coverage : 25-30sqm / 4L / coat (depending upon surface conditions)
Color : As per request Drying Time : Set to touch – 15 to 30 minutes
Finish Dry Hard – 2 to 3 hours
Flat Latex : Flat Method Application: Brush/ Roller/ Spray
Semi-gloss Latex : Semi-gloss No. of Coats : 1-2 coats
Gloss Latex : Gloss Thinner : Water
% Reduction : Unnecessary. But if required to obtain desired properties, a small amount of water may be added Packaging : 4L/16L/200L
Surface preparation is an important step in application. Most problems are caused by improper surface preparations. Service life span and the service performance of these products are directly related to the degree of surface preparation.
A. New Surface
● New concrete must be allowed to cure for 28 days.
● Surface must be clean, free from surface deposits and thoroughly dry prior to painting.
● Treat concrete surface with Concrete Neutralizer. Mix (1L) Concrete Neutralizer with (10-15 liters) water. Apply sufficiently by brush or by roller then let it dry overnight (optional). Then rinse with water to remove formed white residues from the surface. Let dry.
● Scrape off loose, scaling, and peeling old paints. Sand the whole surface including those areas with old paints that adheres well.
● For areas with extreme chalking problems, steel brush and blow air from compressor or wipe with a clean rag wet with water.
● For areas affected by molds and mildews, wipe the whole surface with a clean rag wet with chlorox (sodium hypochlorite) solution. Scrub using a stiff nylon brush then rinse with water. To ensure proper treatment, apply fungicidal washing compound. Leave overnight then rinse and let dry.
Stir thoroughly prior and during usage. Apply at package consistency or up to 5% water reduction. Apply an even coat by brush, roller or spray.
Sealer : Apply Ultratex SB Concrete Sealer (SB-0001) to totally seal the surface (for concrete and chalky surfaces). This will prevent the concrete from efflorescence.
Primer : Apply one coat Builder’s Choice Flat Latex paint
Putty : Spot putty uneven surfaces with Ultratex SB Concrete Putty (SB-1002). Dry for at least 2-4 hours then sand.
Topcoat : Apply two to three coats Builder’s Choice Semi-gloss Latex/ Builder’s Choice Gloss Latex paints
Do not allow the paint to dry on the equipment. Use water as the cleaning solvent. Spray equipment should be given a final rinse with mineral spirits (paint thinner) to prevent rusting.
Thoroughly wash hands after application. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wear suitable protective clothing such as overalls, gloves and goggles. Use a dust mask/ particulate respirator or if applying by spray.
Eyes : In the event of accidental splashes, flush eyes with warm water immediately. Then seek medical advice.
Skin : Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Inhalation : Move to fresh air, loosen collar and keep patient rested.
Ingestion : In case of accidental ingestion, DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Obtain immediate medical attention.